In 1959, the MINI was introduced to the world and the diminutive vehicle has become one of the world’s most beloved automotive marques. Synonymous with fun and spontaneity, the MINI evokes fond memories in generations who have grown-up with this dynamic car.
Ever evolving and engineered to reflect the changing needs of today’s owners, MINI has introduced the 2019 Mini E Countryman—a delightful plug-in electric hybrid with three different electric driving modes.
On a warm Thursday evening, the team at MINI invited more than 250 VIP guests and media to join them in Kitsilano to the reveal of the 60th Anniversary MINI Cooper and grand opening of Western Canada’s number one volume MINI dealership (new and pre-owned) at 1717 West 5th Avenue adjacent to Vancouver BMW.
After 17 years in operation, the dealership relocated MINI Yaletown, now named MINI Vancouver, so as to be able to offer better accessibility and enhanced customer service. The tony new dealership also offers complimentary valet parking, a coffee bar, communication in multiple languages including Italian, Cantonese, Mandarin, and Farsi, and a relaxing lounge area.
“We’re delighted to bring a new era of MINI to the Vancouver area at our new location in Kitsilano that will allow us to better serve our MINI customers for many years to come,” said Aly Jiwani, Area General Manager, OpenRoad Auto Group. “We expect MINI Vancouver will become a flagship MINI dealership supported by the top sales team in Western Canada.”
Guests enjoyed a red carpet entrance, dynamic media wall, live DJ sets, appetizers by Cocktails and Canapes which included a savoury marinated tofu sofrito soft taco, chilled Slingshot IPA and Project 9 Pilsner by Fernie Brewing Company, Moraine Winery’s Chardonnay 2017 and Cliffhanger Red 2016, and a refreshing signature vodka cocktail featuring the tartness of crushed local raspberries.
We are looking forward to taking the new MINI Cooper hybrid for a test drive, are you?
- Helen Siwak is the founder of EcoLuxLuv Communications, publisher of Folio.YVR Luxury Lifestyle Magazine, and multiple digital lifestyle blogs. She is a content creator, consultant, and marketing and media strategist in the luxury lifestyle niche. She is a regular content contributor to Retail-Insider and has a vast freelance portfolio including Boulevard English & Chinese editions, Indulge, and Montecristo Magazine. When not attending high-profile events in Vancouver's 'Luxury Zone’ or on assignment abroad, she is honing her plant-based cooking skills and caring for her firstname.lastname@example.org
- Events2019.12.01EcoLuxLuv☆YVR: Leisure Center Presents DEVOA by Daisuke Nishida
- Dining2019.09.15EcoLuxLuv☆YVR: Vietnamese Restaurant Do Chay Saigon Launches Exciting Menu
- Drive2019.08.10EcoLuxLuv☆YVR: Mini Vancouver Launches in Kitsilano
- Events2019.07.15EcoLuxLuv☆YVR: Whisky Wisemen 3rd Annual Charity Tournament