Holt Renfrew, in downtown Vancouver, is a giant luxury candy store that is constantly updating and innovating when it comes to presentation and customer experiences. If you haven’t bookmarked their events page, I would suggest do it now!
Known for their selection of the top slow-fashion brands in the world, it is no wonder that the west coast location was chosen to host a specially designed 5-week pop-up experience created by Louis Vuitton and dedicated to Virgil Abloh‘s first collection as Men’s Artistic Director.
The 56-look collection was officially presented this past summer on a rainbow runway at the Palais Royal in Paris with the Wizard of Oz dream theme. Guests included Takashi Murakani, Rihanna, Bella Hadid, and Kanye West. The collection is only available at Holt’s YVR in Canada and includes new ready-to-wear, accessories, leather goods, with limited availability.
Located inside the Howe Street Men’s Floor entrance, the pop-up is a beautifully designed boutique plus a colourful extension on the men’s floor with a rainbow brick road.
The boutique side is home to accessories and the rainbow extension is where the monogrammed embossed cut away vests are, along with the outerwear, shirts, and sweaters. For those looking for the black sequined version, like Timothy Chalamet wore to the Golden Globes, they (or should I say ‘ME’) were disappointed!
Pop-up manager Joel Martin, paused long enough for me to document the new uniforms. Each element was unique – the shirt collars are docked, the shirt has rainbow embroidery and says ‘NOT HOME’ on the right side, the Signature 35 MM Belt is leather with a black matte-finished ceramic chain with an attached Utility Harness Bag, the Flared Classic Trousers are fitted at the top with large pleat and wide bottoms,
Only available in these select stores:
HOLT RENFREW MEN’S VANCOUVER
NEW YORK 5TH AVENUE
NEW YORK SOHO POP-UP
CHICAGO MICHIGAN AVENUE
MIAMI DESIGN DISTRICT
BEVERLY HILLS RODEO DRIVE
- Helen Siwak is the founder of EcoLuxLuv Communications, publisher of Folio.YVR Luxury Lifestyle Magazine, and multiple digital lifestyle blogs. She is a content creator, consultant, and marketing and media strategist in the luxury lifestyle niche. She is a regular content contributor to Retail-Insider and has a vast freelance portfolio including Boulevard English & Chinese editions, Indulge, and Montecristo Magazine. When not attending high-profile events in Vancouver's 'Luxury Zone’ or on assignment abroad, she is honing her plant-based cooking skills and caring for her email@example.com
- Events2019.12.01EcoLuxLuv☆YVR: Leisure Center Presents DEVOA by Daisuke Nishida
- Dining2019.09.15EcoLuxLuv☆YVR: Vietnamese Restaurant Do Chay Saigon Launches Exciting Menu
- Drive2019.08.10EcoLuxLuv☆YVR: Mini Vancouver Launches in Kitsilano
- Events2019.07.15EcoLuxLuv☆YVR: Whisky Wisemen 3rd Annual Charity Tournament